New Stuffs in Euro Truck Simulator 2 (Part 1)

Logo of SCS Software
Hiatus…. I never thought it would come that often. Anyhow, now that I finally have the time to write something for my trucking blog, I want to do a quick review of new stuffs related to SCS Software and Euro Truck Simulator 2.

First and probably the most important thing to mention is the 1.9.x Patch from SCS. This latest generation of patch for ETS2 has brought couple of fundamental changes that significantly alter the game and the simulation or experience we get in playing it. The developer tweaked the physics of the trucks and trailers, AI behavior, the weather system, and, though not that important but still need to be mentioned, the grass!

Opinions and reactions of the players varied from warmly welcoming, taking it as is, and fiercely condemning. The debates about the patch, whether it has ruined the game or improved it, get really hot when it comes to the physics. Some say it feels more like a truck now and they get better handling compared to the preceding patch. However, the opposing party shouts that the tweak has made the trucks feel stiff, the trailers lose their “ability” to roll aside, and now trailers are more like the extensions of the trucks.

I did a little racing in my MAN truck against the huge ferry ship

So what about my opinion? Well……..I do feel that the trailer and the truck now lose their “special relationship.” I mean now trailers are indeed felt like the extensions of the trucks and not like a separate but attached entity that still has its own movement and momentum.

I’m sure Pavel Sebor and friends in SCS Software are listening to all the reactions, be it good and bad. I believe they will try their best to improve what is believed to be the best truck simulator for now, so it will be even better and closer to reality.

Regardless of the “controversial” patch, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is still a great PC game and I still enjoy it a lot. Even better, now we can play with other truckers from the whole world in ETS2MP. Yup, that “MP” stands for Multi Player….. and that is something I will discuss in Part 2 of New Stuffs in Euro Truck Simulator 2.

See ya.

New Stuffs in Euro Truck Simulator 2 (Part 1)